La Ricetta del Mascarpone
2 cups Mascarpone
4 Large Eggs
1 cup + 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
2/3 tbsp Vin Santo (optional)
Makes 10 servings (enough for one Panettone).
Keep refrigerated in a glass container for up to 5 days. Whisk in a bowl before reserving.
1. Remove the mascarpone from the fridge 15 minutes prior to starting the recipe to soften.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the whites, keeping both in separate bowls.
3. In a large bowl mix the yolks and 3/4 cup +2 tbsp of sugar. Whisk the mix until ribbons begin to form. Slowly add the Vin Santo until fully incorporated.
4. In another bowl whisk the egg whites with the remaining 5 tbsp sugar until soft peaks form.
5. In a third bowl, combine the mascarpone and egg yolk mixture with a soft spatula. When everything is incorporated, gently fold in the whipped egg whites until everything well mixed.